- What we do with your personally identifiable information
- Other information we collect
- External data storage sites
- Your privacy responsibilities
- Notice to European Union users
- Information collected from children
- Questions or comments?
Mississippi Society of Georgia
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. "Personally identifiable information" means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address, and shipping address
- your Mississippi Society of Georgia user ID and password (if applicable)
- any account-preference information you provide us
- your computer's domain name and IP address, indicating where your computer is located on the Internet
- session data for your login session, so that our computer can 'talk' to yours while you are logged in
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly through this site or at one of our events, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although unless you opt out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about upcoming events and modifications to the Terms of Service;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, such as (for example) by providing it to a carrier to deliver products you have ordered;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of the Mississippi Society of Georgia, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction;
- upon request by an official from any Mississippi university or college with which you indicate an affiliation in your settings.
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our Web site(s); research and development; member and account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
The Mississippi Society of Georgia uses "cookies" to store personal data on your computer. We may also link information stored on your computer in cookies with personal data about specific individuals stored on our servers. If you set up your Web browser (for example, Internet Explorer or Chrome) so that cookies are not allowed, you might not be able to use some or all of the features of our Web site.
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
- to log off the Mississippi Society of Georgia Web site when you are finished;
- to take customary precautions to guard against "malware" (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
The Mississippi Society of Georgia's operations are located exclusively in the United States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) to the United States. By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described herein.
You must be at least 13 years old to use the Mississippi Society of Georgia's Web site(s) and service(s). The Mississippi Society of Georgia does not knowingly collect information from children under 13. (See the [U.S.] Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.)
Thank you for visting the Mississippi Society of Georgia!